Ep 037: What Advice Would You Give to Someone Getting Started With Clojure?
Each week, we answer a different question about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the question is: “What advice would you give to someone getting started with Clojure?”. We trade off giving practical tips for intrepid learners while we reminisce about our own paths into Clojure.
- “Reading other people’s code will change how you view the problem.”
- “You’re going to get stuck, but that’s ok.
- “REPL driven development is so fast, you’ll need to take a break from the whiplash.”
- “Clojure doesn’t give you breaks, like other programming languages do with their compiles and restarts.”
- “The best code to use is code that was written by somebody else, because it’s probably bug free.”
- “The problem isn’t the code that I’m writing, the problem is with my approach.”
- “Try to solve a programming problem that you care about.”