Ep 043: What is 'faking' a resource?
Each week, we answer a different question about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the question is: “What is ‘faking’ a resource?” We talk about the virtues of faking and then outline several real techniques for getting work done.
- “We like to mock mocking, so don’t mock us if we mock mocking.”
- “No object is an island, they always refer to each other.”
- “It’s all about getting work done.”
- “Why make my own fake data when the computer is so good at it?”
- “It’s like training a small diminutive version of the external service to behave in the ways you want it to so you can get stuff done.”
- “Fake it while you make it.”