Ep 049: Keywords! Keywords! Keywords!
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, our topic is: “Keywords! Keywords! Keywords!” We examine all the fascinating properties of keywords, how to use them, and why they’re so much better than strings and enums.
- “The question of the day is: Why is there no question of the day?”
- “Everything behind the scenes should get turn into integers because that is the good and true way.”
- “A FAQ after the fact.”
- “We forget about
identical?because Clojure gives us value semantics!”
- “Magic numbers you can spell with letters.”
- “The ability of communicating with letters–something we humans have been developing for a while.”
- “What is this sorcery?!”
- “JSON. That’s not not a guy who likes strings.”
- “Let’s blame JSON.”
- “If you don’t have to recursively walk a tree, why recursively walk a tree?”
- “A little bit of copying is better than a lot of depending.”
- “The randomly placed last one wins!”
- “Trust but verify.”