Ep 053: How can I save my data from serialization?► Play Episode
Each week, we answer a different question about Clojure and functional programming.
If you have a question you'd like us to discuss, tweet @clojuredesign, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or join the
#clojuredesign-podcast channel on the Clojurians Slack.
This week, the question is: "How can I save my data from serialization?" We record our thoughts on the many trade-offs we have encountered preserving our data when it leaves our programs.
- "Clojure has the best data structures on the planet."
- "One of the reasons why JSON is so popular is because XML was so overbearingly hard."
- "XML decided that trees aren't dimensional enough, so they added another dimension in attributes."
- "Serialization formats aren't for humans, Nate, what are you talking about?!"
- "EDN isn't horrible to look at because it's just Clojure data structures."
- "We don't want freezer burn!"