Ep 054: The Forest in the Trees
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the topic is: “Working with heavily nested trees.” We discuss three powerful libraries (Specter, Spectacles, and clojure.walk) and where they might fit into our Clojure programs.
- “Tree manipulation is like surgery, you need to get down to the right level before you start making changes.”
- “I’ve seen people come up with novel and interesting solutions to problems that other people just don’t have.”
- “Spec is a structural type checker, instead of a name-based type checker, which is far more useful.”
- “Every time you reach for a tool, you’re inviting its complexity into your project.”
- “The structure of your data will lead you toward a particular tool.”
- 020: Data Dessert - Summary episode for the time log series