Ep 056: Opt-In Complexity
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the topic is: “Opt-In Complexity” We discuss complexity and try to come up with a simple explanation for why Clojurians avoid it so ruthlessly.
- “Abstraction: the thing that creates more complexity while making you feel like you have less.”
- “Clojure people seem to be allergic to complexity.”
- “Frameworks are the breeding ground for complexity.”
- “Complexity is the enemy of long lived code bases.”
- “Each part of the application is in its own vault of isolation, and they only get to come together and interact in the lobby.”
- “You can’t be afraid of something that hasn’t scared you yet.”
- “It’s very difficult to say no once you’ve said yes.”