Ep 058: Reducing it Down
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the topic is: “Reduce and reducing functions” We take a long hard look at reduce and find the first of many generally useful nuggets inside.
- “Parentheses are a joy, they are hugs around your code.”
- “You want to boil it down into a result, so you use reduce.”
- “We’ve taken ahold of the cooking metaphors and are just running with it!”
- “Reducing functions are a backbone of functional programming, because we don’t have mutation.”
- “Understanding reduce is really important for understanding functional programming.”