Ep 059: Lining It Up
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
If you have a question or topic you’d like us to discuss, tweet @clojuredesign, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or join the
#clojuredesign-podcast channel on the Clojurians Slack.
This week, the topic is: “Sequences.” We examine the sequence abstraction and then ponder how it helps and hinders our data transformation.
- “There is only one filter, map, and reduce. They need to be able to interpret all collections.”
- “Primitives only take you so far.”
- “The first thing is the first thing!”
- “The seq abstraction is foundational to Clojure core.”
- “The into function pours a sequence back into a concrete data structure.”