Ep 060: Reduce Done Quick
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the topic is: “Reducers.” We look at clojure.core.reducers and how it extracts performance by composing reducing functions.
- “The seq abstraction, it’s rather lazy.”
- “It’s amazing how much work laziness requires.”
- “It doesn’t work out as well. That’s a wonderful way of saying ‘wrong’.”
- “Because ease of use was a design goal, they’re pretty easy to use.”
- Reducers - Reference
- Reducers - A Library and Model for Collection Processing - Rich’s introductory blog post
- Know Your Reducers
- Reducers, transducers and core.async in Clojure