Ep 061: Transcendental Transformations
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the topic is: “Transducers.” We unpack transducers and find a familiar pattern that enables freedom from collections.
- “The humble sequence. It is a mighty abstraction.”
- “Your reducing function can get more abstract by passing in the reducing function that handles producing the result.”
- “This is mind-bending enough, it’s worth saying again in a different way.”
- “We have a function that returns a function that returns a function!”
- “The cool thing about reducing functions is that they’re not about collections. They are about reduction.”