Ep 062: 2019 in Review
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the topic is: “2019.” We look back at the past year and highlight our favorite episodes.
- “2020 is the year of perfect hindsight.”
- “Even we are surprised at what we recorded.”
- “Mutation is like weak bricks in your solution tower, they could fail you at any time.”
- “The Twitter API is just a whole bag of side effects.”
- “Programming without I/O is just warming your room.”
- “Not everything does all the things perfectly in all the ways.”
- “Complexity really is the killer in long term projects.”
- The REPL Series (12-14)
- The Time Tracking Series (15-20)
- The Twitter Poster Series (21-27)
- The Donut Logs Series (28-35)
- Advocacy Episodes (36-39)
- 040: Should I use lein, boot, or tools.deps?
- Data Episodes (41-42)
- Questions from our listeners (43-48)
- Word! Word! Word! Series (aka Nountober) (49-52)
- 053: How can I save my data from serialization?
- 054: The Forest in the Trees
- 055: Sets! What are they good for?
- 056: Opt-In Complexity
- 057: Clojure/Conj 2019 Recap
- Reduce, Reducers, and Transducers (58-61)