Ep 066: Compose the Codec
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
If you have a question or topic you’d like us to discuss, tweet @clojuredesign, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or join the
#clojuredesign-podcast channel on the Clojurians Slack.
This week, the topic is: “Making middleware to handle JSON.” We reinvent the wheel, and along the way discover a few reasons why you might want to do so as well.
- “Ring’s choice: all of HTTP is a function.”
- “Every concern is a function you compose in.”
- “It’s like a bucket brigade with the request.”
- “Solving JSON encoding and decoding is a cross-cutting concern.”
- ring-json - Ring middleware for handling JSON