Ep 073: Silent Sockets
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the topic is: “Checking websocket health.” We worry about the health of our websockets and, after looking for help from the standards bodies, roll up our sleeves and handle it ourselves.
- “It’s the ghosting in the websocket world.”
- “With polling, every request is a fresh opportunity to recover from the last request’s errors.”
- “Long polling is just beating the server up at a slower rate.”
- “By giving your code names with meaning, you can read the code that uses it and comprehend it faster.”
- “Complexity costs, and you pay in time and confusion.”