Ep 074: Deploy, they said. It'll be fun, they said.
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the topic is: “Deploying Clojure.” We survey the myriad ways we’ve used to launch our code into production, and laugh about the various complexities we’ve found.
- “How do you get closure on the development of your Clojure code?”
- “What do you mean by production?”
- “Tomcat goes to war.”
- “That was back before containers.”
- “Trade a little bit of money for a lot of sanity.”
- “The problem with these things is the configuration you end up with is really simple after you’ve read 8 hours of documentation.”
- “The number of lines of code does not indicate the amount of effort.”
- “Every time you accept a new component into your system, you are also accepting its complexity.”