Ep 082: Filter and Friends
Each week, we discuss a different topic about Clojure and functional programming.
This week, the topic is: “filter, filterv, remove, keep, and keep-indexed.” We talk about sifting data and marvel at the simple function that can turn two steps into one.
- “It’s not just linguistic, it helps it make more sense.”
- “We should be more positive about our intent.”
- “Clojure’s sense of falsey is thankfully limited to nil and false.”
- “Nil is a positive statement that it didn’t work out.”
- “Keep is great for those times where you need data for both the transform and the filter.”
- “It’s only a complement away!”
- “Reaching for optimization too early leads to more complexity.”